Korg PA 800 Elite
Korg announced the Limited Edition PA 800 Elite, the newest in its line of sophisticated Interactive Workstation keyboards.
Designed for the musician, composer, performer and entertainer, it offers sound and effects engines, TC-Helicon based vocal effects, real-time performance features, a dual MP3 Recorder/Player function, internal 80GB hard drive and a stereo two-way speaker system.
The PA 800 uses Korg’s RX (Real eXperience) Technology to drive Korg’s EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) engine for a natural sound. The Korg STYLE Engine is designed, according to the company, to "transform musical ideas into complete, polished productions." The layout offers access to up to 960 Styles. An additional 416 user Style locations are available. Each Style offers a drum part, percussion part, bass part and up to five additional musical parts. Three introductions, four variations, three fills and two endings allow each Style to create dynamic and lively songs.
The PA 800 offers a color 240 x 320 pixel TouchView screen with two interface modes. For beginners or live performance, the EASY mode uses enhanced graphics to display common performance controls, while EXPERT mode offers full editing control.
For the songwriter, the Backing Sequencer allows the entire Style to be captured in a single pass, Korg says. Step-entry allows an individual chord to be quickly changed, automatically rewriting all of the accompaniment parts. Novice users can simply type in the chord changes, without any special playing skills. In performance, Korg’s XDS Dual Sequencer allows users to load one sequence or MP3 file while the other plays, and use the DJ-style crossfader for smooth transitions between them.
The SongBook function is designed to allow players to select a song from the user-defined, searchable database and call up the correct sounds, Style, tempo, key and effects for each song, or play a finished song from the sequencer. A Jukebox function can play back an entire set in a continuous manner. Score View displays music notation, and lyrics can also be displayed or output to an external monitor using an optional video interface kit (VIF4).
The onboard sound system features fixed EQ, loudness control and two 10-cm bass speakers as well as two tweeters powered by 22-Watt amplifiers, housed in a bass reflex enclosure.
Additional features include:
• Two user-assignable sliders; two assignable switches; joystick
• Four audio outputs
• MIDI In/Out/Thru
• Two balanced/unbalanced mic/line audio inputs
• Damper pedal input and user-assignable pedal input
• Connection to optional EC5 pedalboard with five assignable switches
Pricing & Availability
The Korg Pa800 Elite will be available November 2010 with a U.S. MSRP of $3,800.00.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Novation UltraNova UltraNova is an analogue-modelling synthesizer designed "for everyone: from first-time synth purchasers to keyboard addicts."
- Moog Music MiniMoog Voyager XL Official Designed in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Minimoog, the Minimoog Voyager XL is described as "a sonic powerhouse that pays homage to important milestones in the Moog synthesizer legacy."
- Korg Electribe-MX & Electribe-SX SD Korg is now shipping the tube-driven Elecrtribe-MX (EMX1SD) and Elecrtribe-SX SD (ESX1SD), the newest models in the updated Electribe series.