Gretsch G1700 Lap Steel
Gretsch G1700 Lap Steel
Froideval Froideval
Publié le 06/07/07 à 03:40
For details I refer you to the official website: http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G5700&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1

This is my first lap steel ... I shot the little back ... but overall I find it pleasant to use. After taking qques information about this type of instrument it is important to have the jack well positioned to not interfere with the right hand. Another important point, from what I understand, it is the metal cover that allows you to pause right hand. Indeed, some lap steel cheaper and have no shot must be kept on hold hand ... This can be unpleasant. So for these two points the model is well done.

Downside: the volume knob a little discomfort where it is placed ...

It suits me! The sound is fairly neutral and does not differ from my other guitars. The microphone is pretty feeble (single coil in my opinion). The knobs respond well.

I use it in a home studio via POD XT directly plugged into a mixer.

I've had qques months (ordered on the net) and surprises at the finish with a broken mechanical ... after repair and qques playing time, I can say that this lap steel (not too expensive) is nice. I saw on the net cheaper but also less developed.

I love the ultra sharp and this instrument is perfect for the game to Steve Howe (guitarist of Yes). So I'm very pleased with my purchase and would do, given that I have no other references, the same purchase.