Soundelux USA E250
Publié le 09/24/10 à 13:06
The Soundelux E250 is a large diaphragm tube condenser microphone that is to be used in the recording studio only. Soundelux now goes under the name Bock Audio, although I'm not sure if this microphone is still being made under that name or not. The E250 is essentially a fixed pick up pattern version of the E251. The mic has just a cardioid pick up pattern and a frequency response ranging from 20 Hz to 18 kHz. The mic comes with it's own power supply as well, being that it's a tube mic.

The Soundelux E250 is really an outstanding microphone and there's no getting around it! As I said earlier, I'm not sure if they're still making this mic under the Bock Audio name or not, but if they are I'm sure it's the same mic as this one. I know they're still making the E251, so perhaps that is now being made instead of this. The studio that I work at has a number of tracking and mixing suites, and one of the engineers who is renting one of the suites brought this microphone in to track vocals. As a vocal microphone, it's pretty incredible sounding. It's got a very full tone and doesn't sacrifice any fine quality, as it seems to get all of the details while still sounding huge. Recording vocals with it seems to be the original intention for the microphone, but if I get a chance I wouldn't mind trying it for some other applications as well. We were recording a female vocalist at the time, but I know that he also uses this for recording male vocals and loves it across the board. I'd like to get some more time in with the E250, but judging from my short experience with the E250, it's an incredible microphone that's great to have around any studio for recording vocals.