StageTech MOUSE SCAN + CONTROL 6
StageTech MOUSE SCAN + CONTROL 6
IvanLake IvanLake

«  Scan economic, robust and efficient »

Published on 08/10/11 at 04:19
How long have you use it?
Past ten years or so, dozens of parties for a year.
I have 4 with a command "control 8." I use them now with Freestyler, the fixture is included in the download of the software
(Be careful though, they must reserve eight channels for it to work)
I'm very happy, I never had any problems with. They are very robust carcass with a very well done, a large mirror, a well-mounted electronics and engine reliability. In short it's solid.
Since buying them I spent only three light strings despite the evenings worked.
There were two versions of this scan, one with DMX connectors on top, the other below. I have two of each.

Have you tried many other models before buying it?
It was my first scan at the time of purchase. I have tried other since.
These scans are certainly technically obsolete (especially since there is only one wheel), but functionally they fill their roles perfectly, and unless you really need additional functionality, I do not see why I would change

What is so special that you like most and least?
Plus:
Reliability and robustness, and the white circle is very powerful for me to pursue or lighting for specific items (fountain of champagne, for example) or scan or use the white circles through a big room with no problem
The least: not much, if not can not have a separate color wheel, but I will pass easily.
Otherwise they emit a hissing sound at startup, a little disturbing if there is no music, but is meant most of them are initialized or there is some background music.

How would you rate the quality / price?
Today they are found for about 150 euros each.
For someone who wants a simple and reliable without asking any question, the value for money seems excellent.
You can probably find more comprehensive opportunities in other brands, but not as robust.

With experience, you do again this choice? ...
If I had to buy cheap scans of opportunities to use without asking any question, YES!

After I already have four, and I think just to keep them, because I do not see what that would justify putting money on the table for some features not often used in practice.
Most people I see using the scans used in automatic, and people dancing mock royal to have a gobo or palm-shaped vortex

In short, we find little better, but at what cost, for what functionality and more, and how reliable?

At each show he really need and use it will make.