112db Big Blue Limiter
112dB has announced that Big Blue Limiter, a tube-modelling character limiter, is now available in native RTAS, AS, VST and AU formats for Windows and Mac OS X.
Big Blue Limiter is a character limiter. It is neither transparent nor intended to be. In fact it adds a little mojo to everything you run through it, if desired even when no limiting is taking place. Big Blue Limiter uses analog tube modelling in its limiting circuitry, which makes any limited warmer and fatter by adding a pleasing amount of coloration. It also features an independent preamp that can be overdriven.
- Variable-knee limiting with proprietary tube modelling.
- Separate preamp section for extra overdrive.
- User-adjustable latency from 0.01 to 5ms (6 to 440 samples @ 44.1kHz).
- A/B compare mode with automatic level compensation.
- Low CPU load.
- Support for sample rates up to 384kHz.
- Full parameter automation.
- Native 32 and 64-bit versions (Windows).
Pricing & Availability
Big Blue Limiter is available in RTAS/AS/VST/AU formats for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), and 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
The introductory price of €99 (Europe) / $99 (worldwide) is valid through September 22, after which the regular price becomes €149/$149. An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available.
An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available from 112dB.com/bigblue/limiter?demo.
Viewers of this article also read...
- MoDSP Nocturne Bass MoDSP has updated Nocturne Bass to v1.1.
- Saltline Hotel Son Of A Pitch (S.O.A.P) saltline has announced Hotel S.O.A.P (Son Of A Pitch), the first saltline plug-in designed with the FreePlayer guitar effects controller in mind.
- PSP Updates VintageWarmer 2 PSP has announced the release of an upgrade of PSP VintageWarmer2 to version 2.5.1.