Agile AL-3100
avermeer avermeer

«  A very very good guitar »

Published on 03/27/12 at 05:35
Made in South Korea
Solid mahogany body in two parts with median joint
Canadian flamed maple top
1 piece mahogany neck
Ebony
Benchmarks trapezoidal pearl
22 jumbo frets
Radius 13.7 "(350 mm)
Graph Tech nut
Bridge with Graph Tech saddles NVS2 "string saver"
Chrome hardware
Grover 18-1 (Model 102-18N)
2 humbucker pickups Alnico V
Neck thickness at 12th fret: 23.5 mm
Weight: 4.5 kg
Price: $ 419.95

Balanced guitar.
Reasonable weight for a Les Paul.
Violin and impeccable finishes.
The ebony fingerboard is the same invoice as my Yamaha SG1000 MIJ 1977.
Very comfortable handle.
Frets filed down with precision.
The joy of playing is immediate.
Mechanical, bridge and nut upscale.
Benchmark real pearl, perfectly adjusted.
Wiring neat, quality components (I looked under the hood).
Until the 3-position selector, firm to the touch, nothing has been left to chance.

All I was hoping by buying this guitar, hand, remote, without having ever tried or even seen in real life was that his violin is a reflection of the specifications set by the manufacturer, and the opinions found favor here and there are not bluffing, dry eyes, or the excessive enthusiasm of a kid who takes out his first guitar.
From this point of view, no disappointment: So, violin and quality fittings require already empty, it rings.
I expected by a weak side against mics, and I had, even before you receive it, devised a plan to replace them with Bare Knuckle: The Mule side handle, Black Dog next bridge.
Then I plugged the guitar, and there I was stuck.
The pickups in this guitar sound!
Clearly as saturated, straight into the amp (Peavey Classic 30 with Celestion Alnico Gold), or behind a pedal (Digitech RP500).
The output level is high, but the sound is clear, the power does not attack the ear.
It does not break down in the treble, it does not graze in the bass.
In saturated, stunning harmonic spring from the bridge pickup at the slightest twist of the pick. That answers!
As for sustain ... it's just ... endless!
As I do not like to pack in a hurry, I immediately grabbed my neck Washburn WI66 passing by to the test with the same settings, then my Yamaha SG1000, then my Gibson SG faded equipped Bare Knuckle pickups (model Riff Raff), then copy my AZ 335 equipped pickups Gibson SG on the recovered ...
All these guitars have their own character, their sonic identity. But the least we can say is that the Agile AL3100 was not ashamed of the confrontation.
Finally, I glued in the paws of a friend who is doing pretty good guitar issue. It's always interesting to play his guitars by someone else, someone with a different game. It also allows better focus on what is meant.
And it was a joy. In addition, he plays well, this con. I'll have pint address his teacher one of these four.
In short, Agile AL3100 has passed the difficult entrance examination.
It is now part of the club.
And if I replace one day his microphone, because I really still love the Bare Knuckle (ah you get the idea?), In any case there is no emergency. The pickups are original very well their job.

To conclude, I'll make it short (it will change me!)
Some would say, "value" is a very good guitar.
I say: This is a very good guitar.