Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded

LP-Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Les Paul series.

Jeffouille Jeffouille
Publié le 12/18/09 à 08:28
Made in USA of course (I hope for, given the price, you wonder more if they do not outsource some production somewhere in Asia ... knowing that it is sufficient then to assemble and make 2 or 3 above tinkering for the right to put "Made in USA" ... well it does not matter it's still written on it and it's stupid but it's fun!).
She is beautiful in "faded". The lack of polish (well, rather the very thin layer of cellulose varnish) gives him a small side roots not bad at all.
Following is a Les Paul like all Les Paul: mahogany body and top, Tune-o-matic and mechanical Kluson "Tulips" (love Me, that's really Gibson ... I know it's there too stupid but ...)

Regarding pickups: Gibson after the site, this is the latest model outputs of two Burstbucker Pro, unlike traditional 490T and 490R usually fitted to the studio series. These are the same pickups as the Les Paul Standard. Wow!

Go the only "black spot" in the table of specifications: it comes in gig bag made in china ... I said it often prefers gig bag lours still much less to carry.

The handle: Les Paul too. I am a regular visitor to this type of run and I've always preferred to the sleeves of Fender. The thin layer of varnish is applied over an advantage here: the hand slips incredibly well and does not "glue" not after a time as is often the case on the sleeves Gibson.

Access to acute: bin there too, it's a Les Paul. Easily without being unbelievable.

The weight is very reasonable compared to older models, certainly by (or because?) Cavities practiced today on the bodies of Les Paul, normally perfectly calculated to keep all the sustain.

Regarding the sound, there ...

Ben décoiffe it! What a real Les Paul. The microphone is acute nervous, good rock, with a high output while retaining a characteristic enough vintage and a very nice accuracy, even in larger distos. And the sustain! Astonishing!

The micro serious surprised me first. Well as fat as you might expect, I still found much less accurate than the micro acute.

The output level is low (normal is done on purpose they wound a little less acute than the microphone which was wound a little more than normal) and it seemed that he "drooled" a little too big distos. Notice to relativize that said, I actually turned the High Gain on my Pod and my studio monitoring speakers.

That said, happened in his clear, micro serious shows its true purpose: there is happiness! To wish a warm, not too powerful to be out "real" sounds clean, well-blues, even jazz if you will.

I've had it three weeks. It's a real pleasure. I had (I always elsewhere) the Variax which gave me very good sounds Les Paul. Here is my true (and believe me if you want but the Variax was not that far in the sound performance), with the sound I wanted and a price unimaginable just last year: 690 €.
I want a second just in case!