Gibson Les Paul Studio 2012
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2012

LP-Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Les Paul series.

iamqman iamqman

« Fire time »

Publié le 08/02/11 à 12:13
One of the coolest looking Gibson Les Paul Studio's that I have seen. This is basically double the price of a regular Studio guitar. Simple reason is that the top is a custom or exotic piece. I however don't think it is worth double the price. If you get a Fender Strat that has fireburst or what they call 3 tone sunburst is a $50 up charge. This one is double. This is a bit of a rip off if you ask me. Not worth double the price but hey that is where Gibson has been going lately with their chambered bodies and overpriced '59 VOS guitars costing upwards of $5000+.

Gibson Les Paul Studio Features:

* Built in Nashville, TN
* Fire Burst finish with rosewood fingerboard
* Vintage-style 490R and 498T humbucking pickups
* Quality maple and mahogany construction
* Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
* Black speed knobs and green key tuners
* Chrome hardware

Middle Pickup No middle pickup
Bridge Pickup 498T Alnico Humbucker
Controls 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 3-way Pickup Toggle
Case Included Hardshell

I like a Gold top Les Paul the best but this is a sharp looking guitar. The fireburst is nice but not anywhere near the price they are asking for this instrument. This guitar has hr "59 spec rounded neck to this is going to be a pretty fat neck. Some people will like that and others will not. I guess it depends on whether or not you have bigger hands. I have smaller hands to I prefer the 60's style neck and my favorite neck has to be the Custom Shop Charvels standard necks. SO compared to this neck this is way too big for me. Some say that is has a better tone and maybe that is true with the extra wood involved but all of this stuff is so subjective anyway. The tone is very nice on this guitar and will serve its player quite well.

At new these guitars come in right around $1300, which is a bit much for this guitar. If it ere a $50 or $100 up charge for the sunburst then I would say ok, but knowing what the work involves and what other companies like Fender are charging for this treatment. I know that Gibson is price gouging. I would not suggest buy this guitar for that simple reason. They are over pricing this guitar. Shame on you Gibson!