Gibson Melody Maker 1959 Reissue Dual Pickup
Gibson Melody Maker 1959 Reissue Dual Pickup
Vrouam Vrouam

«  great for the price »

Publié le 10/08/10 à 17:01
Manufacturing: United States
Body Type: Solid body
Body Material: Mahogany
Neck: Glued
Neck Material: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Number of spaces: 22
Pickups: 2 single coil Gibson "Special Design"
Mechanical: Oil bath
Finish:
3 position selector
1 Volume and 1 Tone
Simple effective if that is what you are looking for is 10 but I put -1 for cheap paint. Channel

end space between the strings too small for my fat fingers.
In addition, painting hangs a little cheap, you have to play pretty good for that round is faltering. There has not fret over that and claw (like the Epiphone Studio I've tried).

Access to acute as normal on a Les Paul.

Easy adjustment is not much. Even setting the guitar 2 key wool enough.

The ergonomics are excellent single selector position is misplaced if you attack too much.

Personally I have a weakness for the intermediate position with the tone at 8, the sound is clean, warm and clear.
For cons, I could not get the plaintive sound of a Les Paul "normal" you will say is the single coils.

7 mics are quite nice but they do turn quickly.

This little melody-maker is clear: the price / quality ratio is unbeatable, a Squier Start at the same price does not cut it. The finish is good Gibson did not let go, no burr cutting the pickguard or drip paint. Only the latter choice is bad.
I was looking for a cheap guitar, light and punchy. And it perfectly fulfilled the specifications for 6 months and then I'm tired (it lacks finish and souls).
The level it has nothing to envy my Dan Armstrong ADA6 and microphones are more dynamic than my Washburn WI 64 relic.
Very nice guitar carton but not settled and plastic film stuck on leaving marks.
Try it if you have doubts, but is it not better to save and afford a good guitar finish and flattering.

Go go power on May 1