DirectEMX is a VSTi MIDI plug-in designed to allow you to control in real-time the sound shaping parameters of the Korg EMX-1 Music production station in your DAW.
DirectEMX provides a feature set including total recall and parameters automation, combined with the power, stability and punchy sound of the EMX.
The DirectEMX features are:
- Control and automation of the EMX parameters from your DAW. That includes Synth, drum and common/fx parts.
- Pattern import/export in fxb/fxp standard format.
- Reception of pattern bank sysex dumps, that makes it possible to import all the internal patterns of the EMX in DirectEMX.
With DirectEMX you can use your EMX like a Virtual instrument in Cubase, live, fl studio...
DirectSynth say that you'll be able to:
- Save/Load your project without worrying about the state of the EMX, the plugin will ensure the sync.
- Automate all the parameters to create new evolving sounds easily. Why not simulating an LFO on your filter cutoff for example?
- Copy/paste parts or patterns
- Use a clean interface that shows the "real" knob values. That includes the mix view and oscillator model shape, while keeping the same approach as the original hardware.
- See the knobs movements in real time, for the host automation but also for the EMX internal motion sequences.
- Edit and reverse-engineer patch more easily.
Pricing & Availability
DirectEMX is available now on Windows for 25€. A demo version makes it possible to test all the features but with restrictions, it can be downloaded at www.directsynth.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- brainworx bx_XL Update to v1.1 brainworx have announced that they have fixed some graphical bugs over the past few days and were also able to reduce the CPU load of bx_XL "a lot."
- 4Front Rhode v2 4Front Technologies has released version 2.0 of 4Front Rhode.
- Monkey Tools Software Updates Monkey Tools has released new and enhanced versions of Sound Grinder, Sound Grinder Pro, Library Monkey and Library Monkey Pro.