CME has announced the WIDI-XU, described as the world’s first “flash disk-like” wireless MIDI interface.
The WIDI-XU is presented as the smallest member of the WIDI family, needing no MIDI IN/OUT port, just an USB plug.
Plug it into your computer to enable wireless Duplex MIDI data transfer with other CME WIDI products. The WIDI-XU even provides one-to-multi communication; one WIDI-XU is designed to connect to several wireless MIDI devices, up to 64 MIDI channels. The WIDI-XU also has the same capability as other larger WIDI products, for example: 80m maximum wireless range, error correction with automatic notes-off and on-line detection etc.
- USB class compliant for Win XP and Mac OS X, supporting hot plug. No driver needed.
- The working band is 2.4GHz ISM.
- USB <--> RF transmission mode.
- Duplex wireless MIDI data transfer.
- Manual switching for one-to-multi communication (auto finding and selecting).
- Maximum wireless transfer distance is 80m(262 feet) without obstacle.
- 64 radio channels for MIDI data transfer, with manual or automatic radio channel setting mode.
- When connected to computer via USB, this product will be automatically recognized as the “USB Audio Device”, fully support MIDI data stream, compatible with Cakewalk, Sonar, Cubase etc.
- Automatic searching, manual or automatic channel setting and other system function can be controlled by the special MIDI SysEx command from USB.
- Powered and upgrade program via USB.
- Indicator for signal and power.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Big Fish Audio Hip Hop Exotica 2 Producers Josquin des Pres and Fabien Renoult have come up with Hip Hop Exotica 2, which is described as "blending the sum of most exotic Asian, Middle Eastern, Indonesian, Latin American and African instruments with east and west coast grooves."
- Cockos Reaper 3 Cockos have offered pre-release builds of Reaper 3 until they were ready to market it.
- Sonart Night Rock Cafe Sonart Audio & Venice Deluxe Sounds present 'Night Rock Cafe', with 6800 samples & patches and 19.2Gb of Piano, Guitar, Drum, Bass Sounds in 5 different formats.