Canford Audio  20-768 Microphone Adapter
Canford Audio 20-768 Microphone Adapter
Rj_4000 Rj_4000
Publié le 03/27/10 à 02:22
This is an adapter for electret microphones equipped with a 3 pin LEMO plug (compatible with Sennheiser wireless transmitter) to XLR-Phantom.

Besides adjusting the connector, so it can feed the microphone from 9V to 48V Phantom power supply of a standard.
(If there was just an adaptation, we probably would explode the microphone!

I bought it because it is the cheapest solution for connecting microphones DPA 4060-F03, equipped with LEMO on a classic table ... without changing the connector (which I find more solid and practical than the MicroDot CCA).

I use it recently. I then ordered 2, one of them being defective, I requested an exchange and ordered one more.
So I had 4 on hand.

I have not tried anything else. I know that the Sennheiser MZA 900-P4 does the same thing-and more-but it costs more than 3 times more expensive.

The finish is very good, all-metal, you seem solid.

When it works, the sound is very good ...
but now when it works.
Of the 4, I had ... One who walked out of the box, which gave a first more noise than signal (I then asked for a trade) ... until I found the "trick": the XLR has a bad contact, just a little twist to the signals coming ... and rest.
And the other 2 simply does not walk at all: on one, not the connector on the other no sound. Nothing to do.

1 in 4 is not terrible.

That said, the support is very good, kind people and the replacement (unfortunately failed)-as did the initial order, arrived quickly (2 days).

In summary: good product when it works, quality control nonexistent-so get ready to essais/erreurs- but excellent service, which compensates a bit.

Ultimately, it's not a bad solution ... when one is warned and given the price difference.
A remake, yes, I do it again. Hence the rating.
Now I hope that it will take: the worst would be to find themselves stranded in the middle of a catch.
Therefore provide a "spare" in the cost.
But nevertheless, economically, it holds the road (remember the price of the adapters CCA).

Go one last point: I have a doubt about the RF isolation. We will see that with a multi-Environmental 50m Live ...

To be continued.

Update 8 / 2010:
I confirm that the support Canford is good, efficient and fast.
They replaced the engines failed me without blinking and substitutes ("new batch of production" - apparently those were the last I received a lot earlier) are Nikel.

No sound problem at all in all environments tested (but until then, never Y'avait RF Micro ...).

I am in total, very happy to have found these devices.
It makes me mics DPAs really cheap!