Olp Spector 5 c.
Olp Spector 5 c.
jaygenus jaygenus
Publié le 08/16/06 à 07:15
I bought this bass because he needed a 5 string me to go lower (series of gigs in times of funk tones but changed ...). the pickups are EMG humbucker ssd but beware, it is far from the quality EMG pickups are actually developed for mid-range stuart spector (ssd as Stuart Spector Designs). passive pickups with a good ... my god its purpose many parasites. I have replaced with Bartolini humbucker. Electronic passive 3 buttons (vol vol tone), 2 part maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets. end the round radius slightly rounded. basswood body with flamed maple table (or is it a decal and I already had this kind of surprise by changing the coating on a bass). I do not know where it is manufactured, I bought almost a year ago at an American retailer via a well known auction site ....;)

The handle is very comfortable to play, I never even had the strings so close to the handle. you just disassemble the handle to remove the hold that the junction yaa handle body (there was a home, a check, the settings can be thinner without the wedge). access to acute is good ... box until the 22nd to the 24th atteidre must be flexible or have small hands, me with my cake-I am embarrassed by the inferior horn. the body is small and as it is basswood, it has a low light ... but pitches down! I have personal lead in the cavity of the electron, and the problem is solved even if the bass is a little heavier (it is not excessive, there is less back pain with the fender roscoe5) .
The sound of the bass: all the knobs and I use the open programmable preamp Tech21 / SansAmp with bartolini it kills, I do not play more than quasimment on this bass.

I use this bass to soul, funk and jazzfusion, it works well and the sound of a character; available microphones is ideal. I play with the amp and preamp Tech21 bbt500 yamaha-110. with this config I can get crystal clear sound and slap fat fingers or with very clear mids for solos and taping.
This bass is very good, you just tinker with the (microphone and lead), it has an original sound
and a very good dynamic (that should be raised with good microphones). I have long played on fender Jazzbass but it's a sound we hear everywhere and I ended up preferring to sell my olp with Bartolini, most original as well as look at her (I love).
in all this cost me 600 euros (with microphones), I have no regrets in this operation.

Very good value for money, clean finish, specifications tied by Stuart Spector, renowned violin maker in the world of bass. What a nice surprise.