< Tous les avis Yamaha TRB1005
Yamaha TRB1005
Yamaha TRB1005

5+ string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the TRB series

MGR/Eddie G. MGR/Eddie G.

« Yamaha TRB 1005 »

Published on 01/08/11 at 15:00
I am a gospel, Funk, RandB and Reggae bass player of 14 years and a drummer with a lot of recording experience going back 29years and I own a recording studio.. This is a 35'scale 5 string active bass with a maple neck alder body with quilted maple top natural amber finish and rosewood fretboard.

I bought this bass brand new at guitar center on clearance. I paid $475 dollars and the original price was either $1299 or $1499. I bought this bass because it's soud was more tweakable than the Ibanez BTB 455 that I owned at the time. And like my BTB it string spacing was wider than standard 5 string basses that I was used to.

<a href="www.guitarcenter.com">www.guitarcenter.com</a>

The electronics on this bass is awesome. It has a three band eq with a master volume and blend pot. The sound is very versatile and this bass would fit in any style of music. To me I can get a very Hi Fi sound to an earthy sound by manipulating the preamp. I am very pleased with this bass.

The only two things I don't like about this bass is that it is a 9 volt bass instead of a 18 volt because it would have increased headroom. When you single out a pickup you will get some hum which shouldn't happen with a bass equipped with humbuckers.

The frets are finished nice the bridge keeps everything in tune I only adjusted the trussrod once in 4 years, the tuners hold great tension the neck pocket has 6 bolt. The jack will need to be replaced because it doesn't hold the cable well. I have dropped this bass twice because of a flimsy strap I had at the time and the bass suffered no problems barely even a nick at all.

This is a versatile bass that can suit the requirements of many different genres and should be on your list to try if you find one, they were offered in 4,5,6 string versions and a fretless version was available also. I am looking to buy another one to go with the one that I already have because I believe you can't get enough of a good thing.