< Tous les avis Yamaha TRB6

5+ string bass guitar from Yamaha belonging to the TRB series

Joe-Rhys Joe-Rhys

«  a very good bass! »

Published on 12/22/12 at 10:42
This bass was made in Japan; mine dated back to 1996.
we have a wide enough shaft end well fret with 24 frets and access to acute is exemplary!
the body is ash, mine was sunburst color.
microphones are double storied windings simple format that changes in relation to all that there is on the market.
for adjustments was, pickup balance, master volume, bass, treble, and a button that serves midrange selector and is three positions.

this is a very wide handle and it takes time to get used to it, personally, over the years, here going better and better!
there is a chamfer on the lower horn and it is nice when soloing jig in recent acute boxes!
ergonomics was well thought out on this instrument, a chamfer on the stomach, and another on the table at the curved neck pickup underneath for easy play slap.
the sound is good but soon, I'm tired ... see why below ...

I personally changed the electronics and pickups on this bass, I found that rendering the rope B and C acute severe imbalance was compared to central strings (EADG) and then, once I turned electronics, I wired in passive pickups with original yamaha, what scam! electronics did not change anything! in fact, she just amplify the sound microphones simply!
so I turned the mics that I found unbalanced and electronic brought nothing at all!
I bought 2 G6 bartolini the same format as those installed on this bass and aguilar OBP3 and the result was unparalleled, and finally I was able to have a balanced sound across all strings and I finally had the opportunity to have the same medium as its pastoral besides all the possibilities that you can have to play rock or jazz or funk!

I sold it in 2011 and I now regret ...
This is an excellent 6 strings very well thought at the time, solid and reliable.
I tried many instruments; look at my other reviews on my profile.
what I loved the price I bought auquelle, chamfers that make a difference with other low three times more expensive color sunburst, shrinking the width of the handle, access to acute the vacuum resonance.
I did not like; electronics that does nothing, changing mics because they are unbalanced weight.
I find that this tariff occasion, worth!
the price / quality ratio is excellent, it is exemplary!
with the experience I want to see other bass a bit more expensive compared to the quality ...