< Tous les avis Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher
Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher
Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher
ibanez4life SZ! ibanez4life SZ!

« The 'brains' of my guitar rig! »

Published on 04/08/11 at 09:21
This unit, originally produce by DMC music corp, is a 1 rack looper featuring

-8 send/return loops, each with in and out allowing for custom routing
-Buffered guitar in
-Feed thru for avoiding buffer, or cleanly splitting signal
-MIDI in and thru
-Powers MIDI controllers via MIDI in and proper MIDI cable

Voodoo Lab made this unit very easy to use. The functions of the unit are easily accessible via the MIDI in and your controller. The MIDI thru allows control of other MIDI units in a setup. The in and outs for each loop are an awesome feature in my opinion. Though this requires additional cabling, it allows completely custom routing, and MANY more options and functions than a hard wired solution. For example, this allows one to loop pedal infront of an amplifier, in the effects loop, or to even split signals between completely different chains. The ‘guitar in’ being split to both outputs in the back makes settings up a stereo path quite simple. Finally, loops can also be used to control amplifier functions via the control jacks, allowing control of your amplifier functions and external units all at one touch.

The beauty of this unit is that there is not sound….it is a looper that routes your signal to any combination of pedals/units that are connected to it. When you choose not to use the loops, your signal passes through untouched, or at least as close as possible in a real life situation. I detect no tonal loss when running the unit in my rig. Switching is instantaneous and silent, allowing seamless changes for live performance.

This unit is the brain of my guitar rig, and provides one-touch control of every one of my sounds. I would not play out with an analog rig without it. I am not a fan of tap dancing, and this allows me to worry about playing rather than switching pedals and channels in my rig. It is a must for any performing guitarist!