Audio Damage announces Automaton
According to Audio Damage, Automaton is a unique look at buffer effects, allowing you to experiment with artificial life within your DAW.
With four separate effects (Stutter, Modulate, Bitcrush, and Replicate) driven by a cellular automata sequencer, Automaton is capable of adding subtle seemingly random fills and "humanizing" effects, but if you like, you can crank the sequencer up to eleven, and watch as your DAW becomes a petri dish while Automaton makes complete hay of the track you've inserted it to.
- Cellular automata sequencer with host tempo-sync, five different musically useful rulesets (including a step sequencer), extensive randomization features, and a life of its own.
- Four sequencer-driven effects, including Stutter (a buffer delay for extremely short loop slices), Modulate (a self-modulating ring modulator), Bitcrush (sample rate and bit depth reduction, and our own "Error" effect), and Replicate (a special version of our Replicant effect, tuned for use with the cellular automata sequencer).
- Master section allows extensive mixing capabilities, enabling Automaton to excel at either adding subtlety (like an occasional extra hi-hat) or complete self-generating IDM madness.
- MIDI Learn for hardware control of most parameters (VST only)
Viewers of this article also read...
- Virtuasonic MIJOY 3 Virtuasonic has announced the release of version 3.0 of MIJOY PRO, the Windows VSTi MIDI plug-in that allows you to use a joystick or gamepad as a MIDI controller.
- Softube Spring Reverb Softube is shipping the Spring Reverb plug-in for VST, AU, and RTAS. Spring Reverb is available today at the Softube web shop.
- Ego Systems Inc. KeyControl 49+ KeyControl 49+ should be one of the most cost effective MIDI keyboard for home studios. With the 49 full-size velocity sensitive keys and the USB connection, KeyControl 49+ is designed for computer based home studio environments.