Dean Guitars Dimebag Dime-O-Flage
Dean Guitars Dimebag Dime-O-Flage
heads on fire heads on fire

« Ick. »

Published on 12/29/11 at 20:05
Made in China
Basswood body
Bolt-on maple neck
Rosewood fretboard with 22 frets
"Zebra" mixed color open coil humbuckers
Grover tuners
Tune-o-matic style bridge
24-3/4" scale
1-11/16" nut width
2 volumes, 1 tone, 1 3 way switch.

The neck is dry, warped, with frets sticking out of the side of the fretboard. And this is after a professional adjustment and setup! The neck is the most important part of the guitar, and for one to be this mangled from the factory is absolutely unacceptable. The cosmetic package is cheesy - I realize that's subjective, but this is some pretty awful design and finish work here. All I can in good conscience suggest to do is to not buy this guitar.

At least the pickups are better than the neck! But this is like saying a mud sandwich is better than just eating raw mud, simply because it includes some bread. The pickups are noisy, inarticulate, muddy, weak, and frankly just awful sounding. This is a terrible-sounding guitar.

This guitar is not a good instrument, I'm sorry to say. I loved Dimebag Darrell and Pantera when I was a kid, and I still adore his playing to this day. But this to me seems more like a way for Dean to make money than a way to honor Dimebag's memory. I realize that Dean is a business, and the point of a business is to make money, but this guitar's quality is so terrible... It just seems like poor taste, in my opinion, to slap Dimebag's name and likeness on a guitar that is of such inferior quality. I'm sure Dimebag would be happy to see kids just starting to get into guitar playing an axe named for him and modeled after his real ones, but to be honest, there are guitars of much higher caliber out there for the same or less cost. Don't buy this unless you are a Pantera or Dime fan and just want a wall decoration.