Hohner Revelation RTX
Hohner Revelation RTX
gouessax gouessax

«  Very good guitar. »

Publié le 03/04/12 à 14:48
- Made in Czech Republic.
- Channel 24 frets, Screw, maple, rosewood, inlaid with ABALONE, and reinforcing rod.
- Mechanical Spertzel.
- Table red, Alder / Maple, painted translucent, with black plate.
- ATX 3 single coil pickups (made in England), which, juxtaposed two way "humbucker" in easel, and one in the neck position.
- "Vibrato" and "Nut-bearing" "WILKINSON". (Front and rear action.)
- Electronics ATN type "passive".
- A volume knob.
- A button tone / presence.
- A button switch 2 positions for contour, and mode that I call "turbo" ... :-)
(More dynamic in some way, used for example, to switch to a rhythmic chorus ... one may like the electronic system for Musicman Bass, Seymour D, to switch to slap ...) .
- A 3-position selector.

Channel perfect! and very well thought out.
Very slim and easy to play every hand.
The key is straight, allowing good velocity, finally, in my case well on ... :-) There will always be those who prefer a well-rounded button ... it's still a taste of history ...
Access to high notes is very easy, due to the body which is dug for the passage of the hand.
It avoids the breaking of the wrist for the last frets ... :-)

Panel sound very good for a guitar at this price!
Used primarily for the rhythm Metal, Rock, and Funk.
and I find the report very respectable, very good and even see the style.

- A small regret for the lack of sustain:
Can a nuisance in the chorus when you want to keep a note ... forced to move the rope like crazy for the last long note ...

- For "my" tastes, ..., I love the funk, once found the right balance. (And here, precisely, the lack of sustain is a big big + for me.)

- Good attack, good presence, beautiful color can come out of this gear, beautiful shine.

- One can regret with regard to the serious ... it lacks a bit low for me ...

I have for 15 years ... gift of 20 years but ... and she has never left it ... :-).

I had never used other models when I got it, but since then there had to many others, Strat, Ibanez, Venson, gibson ... much more expensive, and this is one that I always kept ...
And this ... not just because it's my first electric ... I assure you.
It is true that the sound of a Strat or a Les Paul in their respective styles, is best, obviously, but in terms of playability, versatility, and overall ergonomics of ... there is no picture ...

It is really versatile, easy to play, and especially light (on a very nice one can live long).

CONCLUSION:
For me, VERY GOOD VALUE FOR PRICE!
I really think that it was not popular with guitarists, Tien that:
- 1 - Hohner accordion is a Manufacturer, ..., it freaked and chat, (what is a manufacturer of "tsouin-tsouin" has to do with the guitars ... etc. ...)
- 2 - A communication almost nonexistent, and very poorly thought at the time of its release, no shame "guitar heroes" have been paid to be seen with live ... regularly as do all brands of instruments of this quality or even much less well, I'm sure she will have had much more success.