Washburn WI100
djcarlcom djcarlcom
Publié le 09/07/08 à 06:15
Guitar Washburn Idol Series, reserved for the European market, 22 frets, made in Indonesia.
Pickups: 2 humbuckers Washburn, VCC and buzzfeiten, as on many of Washburn. Controlled by two volume and two VDC (no real tone, I will explain below what it is). Three-position selector classic.

Stop-bar + tune-o-matic, Grover 18:1.

The body is agathis, bolt-on neck with maple, rosewood fingerboard.

Mine is black mat, but also available in white (but I've never seen).

I would stick a 10, for its lightness, and quality finishes.

The handle is very nice, although it might be a little faster.

Access to acute and very easy or the heel or the cut will bother to access it, especially since the body is thin enough.

The body ends in Agathis also gives a certain lightness, close to a G-400 (I have not had the opportunity to try real SG, I can not compare it to that level).

Buzz Feiten, and Grover provide a very good performance agreement, if we take the time to give the first few times slowly, and let it ring rope before issuing the next.

The VCC (Voice Contour Control-) switches between a sound of a single-coil to the sound of a humbucker, without ever having these buzz typical of simple microphones. The result is simply stunning: it has a clear, crystalline, without the unpleasant hum. And in no time knob, there is the sound of a hot humbucker. I have not really tried the intermediate positions.

I would stick another 10 here, for lightness, shape, and the VCC.

I play mainly heavy rock and metal, some blues.

For metal, it is a bit feeble. But nothing dramatic. For rock, blues and most other styles, no worries, she needed potatoes and sound to match.

I play on an amp Line 6 Spider III 30, the Crunch channel and essential metals. In his clear, I get a sound very round, very clean. Most of the time I'm on the micro-round, but I pass on the bridge pickup for blues, for a little more midrange and treble.

In all cases, the sound is always clean. I mean, I never odd or unpleasant parasites. That does not mean that in a crunch or distortion channel, it does not spit as we like!

I would stick a 9, because of the lack of potatoes for the metal (but I chipotte)

I have a month ago, bought after trying 15 minutes in the store, I fell in love the sound so clean and matte black finish. I tried two Jackson JS before this one, and there's no picture: the handle, body, sound, everything was better.

I wanted to buy an Epiphone G-310 or G-400 before, but the problems to get one in my shop made me try this one, and really I do not regret at all!

I paid 600 Swiss francs with a cover Gewa (about 370 euros). For a guitar in this price range, it is just fantastic, I'm changing my Cort X-11 who cried a little.