[NAMM] Koma Kommander
Koma Elektronik has introduced the Kommander Infrared Motion X-Y Controller for Modular Synthesizers.
The device is designed to measure the distance to your hand or any other surface and send out corresponding CV signals between 0 and 8 volts. The closer you have your hand to the Kommander, the higher the output voltage. This is designed to allow you to create weird synth sounds, trigger a drum machine, control effect pedals or other instruments capable of receiving CV signals.
- 2 IR sensors with optical crosstalk
- 2 mini jack outputs (one for each sensor)
- Sensing range trimmer on the inside
- 0 – 8V CV output (prototype)
- 9V DC input (final version might run on 12V, Doepfer/Eurorack standard)
Pricing & Availability:
The Kommander is expected to be available in Q2 2012 for approximately 59.00 EUR / 75.00 USD (incl. VAT).
Note: Tech specs and final pricing can still be subject to changes.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] OP-1 Update Teenage Engineering announces an OS update of its OP-1 digital synth at NAMM.
- [NAMM] 4 New Moon Modular Modules Moon Modular introduced four new mixer, quantizer and programmer modules at NAMM.
- [NAMM] Feeltune Rhizome SXE & LE Feeltune is announcing the next generation of it's computer-based groove Machine with two new products : Rhizome SXE & LE