Tech 21 Sansamp rackmount
Tech 21 Sansamp rackmount

Modelling Guitar Preamp from Tech 21 belonging to the SansAmp series.

plcv83 plcv83

«  big sound »

Published on 10/24/11 at 02:29
rack-mount preamp for all types of signals (line and instrument)
100% analog. non-programmable.

Just turn the knobs to find the sound.
even the eyes closed there is the sound .... not need manual.

I did not find a musical style did not suit him. I play the Jazz in trash through the creamy blues. just spend some time on the settings.
Perfect on the guitar but also bass. I use it more and more réamping and synths for dirty sound (juno 60, novation bass station and waldorf pulse).

I bought used back nearly 20 years and he never antiquity and is still my favorite guitar preamp.
The sound can be very large. the possibilities are broader than PSA1 (which I also own). Just the buzz button (saturation of the low frequencies), beyond the half, it's become almost unusable so that drool everywhere (perfect for the lead on the acute pulse) the crunch and punch it like a can, pushed thoroughly that any HP hard. the psa1 is much more tidy!
What I love most: the amplitude of the sound settings and it offers and connectors.
what I like least: its rarity. it's been 3 years that I look for another. but those who have a guard.