xACT X Audio Compression Toolkit
xACT X Audio Compression Toolkit
Publié le 01/14/11 à 18:03
The X Audio Compression Toolkit is a free piece of software for converting audio files of all types to audio files of all types. I believe it's a Mac only software, as that's where I've currently got it installed. You can download it from a number of places on the web, all of which will be free. I really only used the software for it's most basic purposes, as usually I'm converting FLAC files to MP3s with it. It can do a whole lot more than this, and it's got an easy to use interface to get it done with. It's nice to have a one stop shop for converting audio files, no matter what type they might be or what type you want to convert it to. I don't know if there's a manual for this but I would think there wouldn't be.

I'm currently running version 1.62 of the X Audio Compression Toolkit on my Mac at home. My computer is a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 10 GB of RAM. It's a few years old so it isn't the newest available Mac Book Pro model. I have no problems at all converting the files I need to with on this system as it does so at a fairly quick pace...

If you've got a Mac computer and are in need of audio file converting software, the X Audio Compression Toolkit is for you. It's super easy to use and the best part is that nearly all audio file formats are covered here, making it great for audiophiles who need something to convert to even the most random audio file types. It's free so there's no worrying about that. I don't use the X Audio Compression Toolkit, but do use it whenever I need to convert files, and namely FLAC files since they aren't compatible for conversion on your major media players and converters. I'd encourage you to give this a shot for yourself if you're still reading this as I think you be keeping it on your system once you do.