Rogue Amoeba Updates NiceCast
Rogue Amoeba has updated Nicecast to v1.9.8, which brings with it Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) compatibility.
This update features a new version of Instant Hijack for grabbing audio from already-running applications.
- Nicecast is now fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Nicecast now uses Instant Hijack 2.2 to capture audio from already-running applications.
- A bug where icecast would sometimes crash if given a bad IP address has been fixed.
- The Soundflower Extra, used to power System Audio capture, has been updated to version 1.5.1.
- Software update check now sends the processor architecture to the server.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.