Roland HandSonic HPD-20 digital percussion
Roland launches the next generation of the HandSonic HPD digital hand percussion with the HPD-20 module.
The Roland HPD-20 is designed for both percussionists and drummer and includes the SuperNATURAL sound engine with 850 sounds for a large variety of music styles. You also have the ability to import 500 custom sounds via the USB flash memory port.
The module offers 13 assignable velocity sensitive silicone rubber pads and control options for playing onboard sounds and external MIDI instruments.
A trigger input allows for expanding the HPD-20 with a Roland pad and hi-hat controller and build a compact electronic percussion set.
- 13 assignable pads
- SuperNATURAL sound engine
- 850 built-in sounds with percussions, melodic instruments, drums, tones for modern electronica beats and more
- Ability to import up to 500 custom WAV sounds via USB flash memory and assign them to pads
- Roll button
- Realtime Modify knob
- D-Beam sensor for controlling sounds and effects with hand movements
- Deep editing capability with instrument layering
- 3 independent multi-effect engines with 25 effects
- 3-band EQ
- 10 reverb types
- Quick Rec Function with WAV file export to USB flash memory
- Inputs for connecting a Roland trigger pad and hi-hat controller (sold separately)
- USB Type B port for audio/MIDI communication to the computer
- MIDI In and Out
- Stereo output 1/4" jacks
- Headphone 1/4" output
- Stereo Mix in 1/4"
- Footswitch jack
- USB Type A port for flash memory
No information regarding the retail price, visit www.rolandus.com for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Acoustic drumhead setting - getting it right Tuning a drum kit is in itself an art, which many drummers don't really master. It's no wonder then that many professional drummers rely on specialists for the task, especially for recording sessions. And it's true that properly tuning drums requires a lot of experience, just like tuning a piano. In this article we'll try to give you some basic universal rules that will allow you to enter more confidently into the world of harmonics...
- [Musikmesse] Yamaha DTX502 electronic drums Yamaha debuts at Musikmesse the new DTX502 electronic drums series, which features three kits and a new MIDI trigger module.
- [Musikmesse] Details of the Nord Drum 2 and Pad Clavia communicated all the details about their new Nord Drum 2 and Nord Pad drum modules. Here's what on the menu...