On-Stage KT7800+
On-Stage KT7800+
JeffTadashi JeffTadashi

« Comfortable bench! »

Published on 07/02/12 at 20:18
The On-Stage Stands KT7800+ is a height-adjustable keyboard bench that is perfect for many applications, even outside of the keyboard bench world. It has a nice, wide, large deluxe 3 inch black cushion, which can provide great comfort for many hours of play. It also has a spring-loaded double dead-bolt locking mechanism that keeps the bench locked into place. There are four different height settings, which can range to standard lower benches, to higher benches that can be used at standing keyboard heights. In fact, right now I use my bench on my main keyboard at the same height that I use it for standing, so the bench is relatively high, but still very comfortable and usable. It doesn’t tilt or feel wobbly or unstable at all.

The On-Stage Stands KT7800+ has a weight capacity of 360 lbs, and the bench seat has a size of 12.5” by 23.5”. The height of the bench, in its center position, is about 20 inches high, and the metal construction of the bench is all welded. No cheap plastic supports anywhere. The feet are removable rubber cylinders, common with On-Stage Stands equipment.

I’ve had a few minor problems with this bench, and one of them include the locking pins for the height adjustment. If you are not careful, you can untighten the pins too much, and the whole mechanism can come completely out of the bench, and you can lose some parts. At first, I thought this was a manufacturing error, and I returned the bench, but I later realized that it’s just part of the design. So do not untighten the pins too much. The second problem I’ve had, is that the bench is not super-durable. Do not throw it around the stage and expect it to hold up, because the metal will bend.

But overall, this is a wonderful, comfortable keyboard bench, if you need one with your digital piano setup. You can’t go wrong!