Roland V-Combo VR-09
Roland V-Combo VR-09

Organ from Roland belonging to the V-Combo series.

tradcab tradcab

« playing live »

Published on 05/08/17 at 15:27
Audience: Advanced Users
I link my Vr 09 up with a studiologic 73 note acuna weighted keyboard (Controller) playing the second of the split sounds ,mostly piano and this leaves the Vr09 used for bass or organ.
The more I use it playing live the more I appreciate just how well designed and clever this keyboard is. The set up with a second keyboard via midi is so versatile and intuative ,
and works much better for me than splitting my 88 note Roland Rd700nx.
Moving octaves is very easy with one touch of a button after selecting which part one wants to shift individually, as is transposing if needed.
The piano sound sits well in the mix with most styes of music and there is enough selection to get any subtle nuance one likes. I run it through a small keyboard mixer to give me some eq control. The weight of the Vr09 and the acuna work well for me as both my other 88 note keyboards are very heavy by comparison.
Either on its own or with a second keyboard this board works extreemly well for live playing , with all the adjustments I need on the fly and no deep menues to have to delve into.