The Allen & Heath GLD Remote app is out
Allen & Heath announced the availability of the free GLD Remote which allows for controlling GLD digital mixers from the iPad.
GLD Remote and the GLD console can work together to provide simultaneous control of independent functions, for example one engineer using the console to mix front-of-house sound, and another using the iPad to mix monitors on stage. Several iPads can be connected, each providing independent control.
GLD Remote is intended for working with the mix and channel processing. Things you can control:
- Fader levels, mutes, pan
- Aux and FX sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
- Matrix sends, routing and Pre/Post switching
- DCA masters and assignments
- Preamp Gain, Pad and 48V
- Trim and Polarity
- HPF, Gate, PEQ, GEQ, Comp, Delays
- RTA function
- Channel names and color
- PAFL select
- Full signal metering
- Custom strips for personalized channel layout
GLD Remote is not intended for system setup or memory access. The following functions are not available at the iPad:
- FX parameter control
- Input source, insert and output patchbay
- Channel ganging
- Aux source routing options
- Library, Scene and Show memory store and recall
- Scene Recall Filters and Safes edit
- Signal Generator
- System configuration, options and preferences
- User Profiles
Allen & Heath recommends using the v1.1 or higher GLD mixer firmware and iOS 5.1 or above on the iPad. You can download the GLD Remote app for free from the AppStore.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Wavesfactory celebrate its third anniversary Wavesfactory celebrate its third anniversary with a special offer and a new freebie.
- Two Rob Papen limited edition bundles Rob Papen has bundled some of his virtual instruments in two limited edition packs available until the end of the month.
- Spring sale on Levine's Softube favorites Softube lowers the price of Steve Levine's favorite plugins until April 10ths, with up to 33% rebates.