-The first three strings have 23 frets, the fourth 22 and 21 the last two (follow the shape of the button in the treble to understand ...). Piezo pickup under the bridge.
-Um ... I did not know enough. The bridges are all similar to the folks, right? All I can say is that it is comfortable when we put her hand on it to smother the bass strings.
-Ovation OP-10 preamp, active, Ovation brand of sound exactly the same as the OP-30: volume, 3 band equalizer, ability to disable the equalizer, and button "Preshape" which is an EQ setting predefined "beautify" the sound and can still change it with the manual eq.
-Type handle? Ben Ovation round.
I do not know how to record it, I found the features very interesting.
That gets interesting:
- The race: a delight! Fingers glide on their own, the handle is quite thin. The strings are close to the handle properly, the lower border on the last two strings and five boxes, only when playing REALLY like a nag (so it does not concern me, I play in picking). But everything depends on the setting of the handle (which is adjustable in this regard, access to the stem by making the box that opens).
- Access to treble bin no problem, look like the cutaway is deep!
- Ergonomics: Ovation ... One likes or dislikes. I like! I think we have a better grip with the rounded shape, and the guitar was closer to home. The form can interfere when playing standing up, because the guitar tends to look a little high. Me it does not bother me, almost the opposite.
- The guitar is light enough I think, finally a normal weight for acoustics.
- The sound, after I speak.
- Play most of the picking Marcel Dadi, who used mostly Ovation. So yes the sound is appropriate.
- I use it connected directly to the mixing desk, and I personally think that a small amp would not be appropriate to refuse. That said, it sounds!
- I am looking mainly a clear, precise notes that are quite distinct, the bass does not cover acute. Using Preshape and lowering his bass and treble a bit, I have what I want. Connected, this guitar is really good. No effect directly on the table, it seems already hard (my wrong notes aside)
Acoustic one, do not expect a phenomenal power. The highs are very present (the typical crystalline ovation) and I find it lacks a bit of mediums. The bass is a bit weak in my opinion. Globally without this guitar amp lacks a bit of "safe" but still offers a sound more pleasant. The ideal is to play with an amp very soft in the background, so that the pure sound of the guitar comes out well, and that the amp adds a little heat.
For this small problem on the pure sound, I put 9. But power, she is 10.
If all the notes above are very high, but according to the price of the beast. Obviously there are much better guitars, I think the sound in particular (because of the handle for comfort, it is in my opinion a perfect folk). But 420 euros is a true wonder!
- I love the look (mine is dark green), the appearance multirosaces. I love the handle, but that I have said enough.
- I tried other models Ovation just before you buy:
An American-Elite at 1500 euros, the sound was really better acoustics, a little better in electronics and, above all, I did not see any difference to the comfort of the handle! Yet this is not the same price ...
Korean Celebrity Deluxe one-to 700 euros, and there, apart from the tuner, no difference. Perhaps a few finishing details (name "Ovation" marks on the handle a little more pretty, golden mechanical). Lastly, details that are not worth 300 euros! In all honesty, these guitars are the same, the main difference I think is the workers' wages. Applause is not a sub-brand of Ovation, it's just the same thing cheaper!
- Apart from that, I wanted a standing ovation, I have not watched the folk guitar "standard". But Ovation is a world apart, we can not really compare.
- The value for money is excellent! (Paid 420, not 440 ...), add 60 softcase for rigid Ovation.
- Yeah, I do it again this election ... Although with 4000 euros, I would look good on the side of limited edition U.S. Ovation. There are the beautiful. But I do not have that budget!
Honestly, if you are looking for a good electro-acoustic at a reasonable price, try the Applause AE 247 before, or even the AE 227, which does not have multirosaces. Well worth a visit.