Yamaha SLG100S
Yamaha SLG100S
jpl510 jpl510
Publié le 01/25/10 à 03:23
I play mostly jazz and bossa (well, I try!)

On features, everything is already said;

that's exactly what I needed to "scratch" in silence sequences MP3, but also more generally to play (home, vacation ,...) without leaving the heavy artillery. It is well made, pretty, not fragile, light, handy, ....

Only negative point and immediately corrected: the strings were mounted string Yamaha good but that does not suit me at all. I mounted the D'Aquisto Jazz wound strings (I use on my Gibson)

The production is very well made (it's the Yamaha ..);

I tried other models in other brands, with sleeves unpleasant, frets that skinned and not much cheaper! Here the build quality is impeccable.

<ul>

I find the handle very nice, access to acute is easy, I can get a sound that suits me (ie a sound that is what I play and who is "forgotten")

<ul>

The ergonomics are excellent, I moved the plate to my liking and light (already said), the ribs are very well studied ergonomics

<ul>

The tone controls are effective;

the level control Aux input is very useful

the reverbs are nice, although I only used anecdotally (note the 9v battery ...)

I use a set of two rechargeable batteries 9v, alternately

an on / off button would have been very useful for breaks (must be disconnected to save battery power)

</ul>

After changing strings sounds are correct, depending on needs and how to play (hard to pick a mate):
<ul>

acoustic, warm and round for jazz

electro a bit nervous (in the way of a Godin, but the comparison stops there ;-) always jazz, bossa ...

Accompanying the fingers easily

</ul>

The "beam" also gives the central Sustain (yes, really)

I guess for other styles and other ways to play, other guitarists will find other uses

I play with headphones but with an amp travel (Electro Harmonix Freedom Amp) with my MD all my sequences, and Hop! I am totally independent and with a pleasant sound (see review on the amp)

I use it for a year and a half, I heard a guitar duo singing and outdoor amplified console (it was a nylon string model): the concept and sound obtained me really excited!

I hesitated a long time, bought the meantime another nylon string guitar and, finally, after many attempts, I chose this one for the neck and the sound that suited me better (than SLG100N)

Bought by my daughter in a large music store in Turin, an unbeatable price, I find excellent value for money!

I'm using the headset or my amp Freedom, indoors, outdoors on my deck and camping at night in our camper ... My clips are on my Sony ® portal or on my computer, and frankly, it's great! ... and my "groupie" can watch his favorite favorite show or read without being embarrassed.

it's still a guitar journey, for such uses, with the only sound that of the piezo is a success that warrants a 10 (well above the competition)