Blue Cat Audio Freeware Pack II
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's Freeware Pack II, a redesign of its free audio plug-ins for Mac and PC.
This release brings new plug-ins to the bundle (dual channel EQ, stereo phaser), as well as redesigned versions of the existing plug-ins: new user interfaces, a new presets management system, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, new presets, Windows AAX support, and more (details below).
The plug-ins are available for download for free as a single bundle or separately on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
What's new in Blue Cat's Freeware Pack II:
- New Plug-ins included:
- A dual channels EQ is now included in Blue Cat's Triple EQ, with both left/right and mid/side capabilities.
- The stereo version of Blue Cat's Phaser is now free and included.
- Streamlined plug-ins collection: plug-ins have been grouped together for simpler install and usage.
- New features:
- New user interface.
- New integrated presets manager:
+ Load/save presets from the plug-in's user interface.
+ Organize presets with folders.
+ Customize the default preset.
+ Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The plug-ins now appears in the appropriate category in Pro Tools ("Dynamics", "EQ" or "Modulation").
- Changed the default VST install path on Windows.
- Improved default response curve for automation and MIDI control.
- Added new presets.
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Improved user manual.
- Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
- Reduced VST plug-in loading time.
- Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
- More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
- Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab 7 on Mac.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS X Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5).
- PC running Windows 7, Vista or XP.
Bundle link: www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Bundle_FreewarePack
Viewers of this article also read...
- TC Electronic Releases LM6 Radar Loudness Meter TC Electronic has announced that its new LM6 Radar Loudness Meter plug-in is now shipping.
- Rob Papen Blade Released Rob Papen has announced the release of its Blade synthesizer.
- Arturia Oberheim SEM V Review Arturia has been launching a myriad of products since early 2012. Among the new products you'll find an Oberheim SEM emulation with new custom features. Let's have a look at the beast...