IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe
IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe
JimboSpins JimboSpins

« Love the compressor »

Published on 02/26/13 at 10:40
IK Multimedia T-Racks 3 Deluxe is a mastering bundle that has some vintage compressors, limiters and even EQ’s. The price of this package is very low considering everything that you get with it. I own many mastering suites from different companies and most of them are the same I only purchase to see if there are some new compressors and plug ins that I can find useful. So with the price of T Racks 3 I knew I had to give it a shot! I have been working with this bundle since 2009 and still use some of its plug ins today.

Setting up this bundle is easy; it is like installing and setting up any software. It just depends on your system, because older systems may not response well to it because at times it can get CPU heavy. When this came out years ago I was using it in XP and it worked fine and now I use it in Windows 7 and it still works fine. It comes with a Multiband Limiter, Compressor, Equalizer, and Clipper all made by T Racks. You can pretty much use any of the plug ins in any DAW that you choose and some can be used as a standalone model too.

The T Racks compressor is a classic tube style compressor that is great for mastering with. This is the plug in that I mainly use the most and was one of the main reasons I chose to purchase this bundle. You can use any of the plug ins on PC or Mac computers as long as you are running 512 MB of RAM and have a semi fast processor. I do not use these plug ins to do my final masters with but I do use some of them to get some good mixes and cool sounds with especially the compressor because it is very clean and warm. It has a sound that no other mastering bundle was able to give me and that is why I am so happy with it. There are a lot of mastering bundles out there and this one isn’t one that I will say is better than the next one but it does have some good features and is easy to use. Because of the price, I say purchase it! There are many other software bundles that cost double this one, and has basically the same features and tools with it.