Lexicon PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle
Lexicon today announced the introduction of its PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle.
The new software package makes all the effects processing of Lexicon’s PCM96 available as a plug-in designed to add "inspirational new sounds to a user’s DAW that are not available anywhere else."
The PC- and Macintosh-compatible PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle is designed to work with DAWs like Pro Tools and Logic, as well as with any other VST, Audio Unit or RTAS-compatible host.
The PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle incorporates all the capabilities of the PCM96 hardware unit including:
- Dual Delay – The PCM provides a palette of delay effects, such as slap-back echo, tape echo and more – with control over delay time, mix, repeat and other parameters.
- Random Delay – Builds upon the capabilities of Dual Delay with more voices and four LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) that control delay time with both familiar waveforms as well as random values and input levels.
- Chorus/Flange – The available chorus, flanger and long multivoice delay are designed to enable everything from traditional flanger sounds to flangers that play "far behind the beat for out-of-this-world effects."
- Resonant Chords – This mode, first introduced in the Lexicon PCM70, allows multiple delay voices to be tuned to resonate on specific notes. The sonic result can be glistening chords, strange ringing delays or tbizarre room sounds.
- Pitch Shift – Mono and stereo pitch-shifting capabilities are available, from pitch correction in a mix to special effects.
- Multivoice Pitch Shift – This is a multivoice delay algorithm with an independent pitch shifter on each voice. It can function as anything from a voice thickener, to multiple delays that can shift up or down while locked to tempo, to a “Seasick Room” preset that must be heard to be believed, Lexicon assures.
The PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle adds to these effects a new Stringbox algorithm, which provides the user with 88 virtual strings resonating according to the audio in. Several tuning and panning options are available, along with a virtual keyboard and randomizer, giving users the ability to create chords, melodies and room sounds.
Pricing & Availability
The Lexicon PCM Native Effects Plug-In Bundle is Native only, and requires iLok authorization. It will be available in Jan 2011 at a suggested retail price of $1199.95.