Soundtoys releases V5 bundle
One year after its announcement, the long-awaited version 5 of Soundtoys' plugin bundle is finally available.
Including 18 plugins, the new bundle is centered around Soundtoys' new Effect Rack. According to the brand, the Effect Rack makes it simple to build custom effect chains and define an original signature sound, including global controls for the rack allowing its use as a single plug-in.
Rhythmic effects can be locked to a single tempo, or let run free. The input and output levels can be fine tuned, the global mix control allows to blend the rack effects with the dry signal. The new global Recycle control allows mixing the output of the rack back into the input, so as to build one's own modulated reverbs, over-the-top delays and other unique ambience effects that otherwise would require complicated routing to accomplish in most DAWs.
Specs are as follow:
Plug-in formats (both 32 and 64-bit):
- AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, VST, and Audio Units (AU)
Supported sample rates:
- Minimum: 44.1 kHz, Maximum: 192 kHz
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.8 or later, Windows 7 or later
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
Supported host applications:
- Pro Tools, Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Logic, Digital Performer
- You can click here to view our full list of compatible host applications.
- iLok.com account (An iLok USB dongle is not required. Create a free account here)
Price for the bundle is $499 (free for all V4 bundles bought after October 1, 2014). An academic version (unlimited features but not for resale, see details here)is available for students and educators for $249. More details on Soundtoys' website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Noisebud Curello Noisebud releases Curello, a mid/side channel filter aimed at both mix and mastering processes.
- Klevgränd Esspresso de-esser Continuing their Autumn Spree during which they’ll release one product per month, Klevgränd introduces the Esspresso de-esser.
- Toontrack releases American Rock MIDI Toontrack presents American Rock MIDI, a collection of MIDI grooves played by Kenny Aronoff.