Waves Maserati GTi Guitar Toner
Waves Maserati GTi Guitar Toner
Publié le 11/06/10 à 18:34
The Waves Ltd. Maserati GTi Guitar Toner is a plug-in that comes as part of the Tony Maserati Collection of plug-ins. This one in particular is, as the name states, designed for use with guitar. The others each have their own corresponding application as well. I got this plug-in in the Waves Complete bundle, and it can't be purchased individually outside of that or the Maserati bundle. You'll install whatever bundle you got this in all at once, which is an easy enough step by step process much like installing any other piece of software. The configuration of the Waves Ltd. Maserati GTi Guitar Toner isn't too difficult to follow, and it follows a similar formula to the other plug-ins in the bundle. It gives you five different guitar types to choose from, as well as parameters for sensitivity, presence, tame (compression), and output level. It then has a series of smaller knobs for chorus, vibrato, delay, FX, a width. As you can probably tell from this list, you're not going to be stuck hoping for extra parameters here as this plug-in gives you plenty to work with. Even so, it's easy enough to use where a manual shouldn't be necessary.

The system that I'm running the Waves Ltd. Maserati GTi Guitar Toner on is Pro Tools LE 8 based, which I run with a Digi 002R audio interface. The computer I'm running everything on is a Mac Book Pro consisting of 4 GB of RAM and a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. For me I haven't had any problems running this plug-in, but of course it all depends on the system you're running it on...

While I don't find the Waves Ltd. Maserati GTi Guitar Toner to be one of the most useful in the Tony Maserati Collection, much of this probably has to do with the nature of the plug-in. For mixing guitars I'll usually use individual processors to give me more control, which is the reason I don't find myself using this much. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely got a professional sound overall, and there's a lot that can be done within this single plug-in, but I like having more in depth controls over each of the individual processors. For something like drums or bass, I find the Maserati plug-ins to be more useful since in general there are more guitar tones than bass or drum sounds. Having said this, the Waves Ltd. Maserati GTi Guitar Toner is a high quality plug-in that is absolutely worth exploring if you've got the Maserati or Complete bundles.