[NAMM] Arturia redefines drum machine with SparkLE
Arturia announces at NAMM 2013 the SparkLE Creative Drum Machine, its newest hybrid beat production centre combining hardware with software.
SparkLE Creative Drum Machine hardware measures 1.6cm in depth and comes complete with a handy neoprene slipcase. With it comes direct access to all the features needed to create patterns, write automation, and perform live.
SparkLE Creative Drum Machine serves up classic ‘TR-style’ workflow via its backlit step sequencer buttons, eight velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads, advanced Looper and beat-slicing functions, and beats can be transformed on the fly with the touch-sensitive FX pad that features eight filter modes (including the famed Oberheim SEM V filter featured in Arturia Oberheim SEM V) and seven Slicer modes.
Three assignable encoders ease writing automation and realtime sound control. The TUNE mode permits playing sounds chromatically across those 16 step sequencer buttons or eight pads .
Software-wise, SparkLE Creative Drum Machine makes use of the same full-featured Spark Engine software shipping with the original SPARK Creative Drum Machine. It includes an awesome library of over 1,500 instruments and 100 kits, providing top-notch, professional sounds covering a variety of dancefloor-friendly genres and stylings, ever-expandable with Arturia add-ons (like the Hip Hop Essentials and DubStep Essentials Expansion Packs).
Features: Full featured Spark Software
- 3 synthesis engines: Virtual analog, Physical Modeling, Sample playback
- Works Standalone & as a plug-in (VST, VST3, AU, RTAS)
- Backlit velocity and pressure sensitive Pads
- Touch sensitive FX pad
- Mode selector - Bank, Pattern, Seq, Tune
- Bus powered, class compliant USB input
- User assignable encoders
- Advanced Looper Divide/Move function
- Classic ‘TR style’ programming
- Real-time programming from the pads
- Protective travel sleeve
- Small, Portable, Solid construction
- MIDI mode for use as a controller with any software
- 2 banks of 8 velocity and pressure sensitive pads
- 3 user assignable encoders
- Touch sensitive XY pad
- Kensington Lock
- Neoprene slipcase
- Dimensions : 284mm x 171mm x 17 mm
- Net weight : 1 Kg
SparkLE Creative Drum Machine will be available to purchase from the Arturia online store or any dealer for €249.00 EURO/$299.00 USD from mid-March 2013. More details on www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/SparkLE/intro.html.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?