[NAMM] Bastl presents new modules & expanders
Bastl Instruments is at the NAMM to introduce a total 6 new products including 4 modules and 2 expanders.
Certainly the biggest highlight is the Popcorn non-linear CV/GATE Sequencer, which performs original sequencing in tonal landscape. According to Bastl instruments, it offers an infinite number of very musical ways to browse thru the 8 steps, all determined by a combination of triggers and CV signals that you feed into the sequencer. 2 trigger inputs A and B advance the sequencer by the number of steps that you set with the knob (-4,-3,-2,-1,+1,+2,+3,+4). Reset sets the sequencer to step 1, OR, you can use the assignable CV Input to make it go to the step determined by CV. The CV input can also select the step directly, or transpose the signal - or even do many other things. There also is a built-in quantizer, selectable output range, gate and slide active per step with adjustable gate and slide times.
Popcorn has two expanders: one with jump button and individual Gate outputs for each step, and another one which adds 5 more CV Inputs to control the sequencer.
Foot control can be a great way to enhance how modular synthesizer can be played as an instruments and this is exactly what modules Clutch and DupDup are for! Clutch can be used as a simple quad passive attenuator in modular setup but when you connect a stereo cable to the input and connect an expression or a volume pedal into it, it turns into continuous voltage source for your feet - and you can connect up to 4 pedals. DupDup on the other side implements 2 footswitches that can re-route your modular, bypass a signal processors, select between trigger sequences, mute signals or just send gates.
The last but not least is Ciao!, which offers 4 line outputs and headphone amp in just 5 HP, for recording or live performance. Switches on the module enable you to make a patch just for your headphones and then mix it into the main output.
All modules are now available for pre-order at http://noise.kitchen/ and will start shipping in March 2016. They will be available from local dealers in Spring 2016.
Prices (taxes not included):
- Popcorn – 10HP non-linear CV/GATE sequencer – €210
- Popcorn CV Expander – 2HP – adds more CV inputs – €49
- Popcorn Gate Expander – 2HP – adds individual gate outputs + jump – €49
- Clutch – 5HP – quad attenuator and volume pedal to CV interface – €75
- DupDup – 5HP dual VC footswitch – €90
- Ciao ! – 5HP quad line out + headphone amp €109
More info available at Bastl Instruments' website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Roland A-01 MIDI controller/sound generator Meet Roland's A-01, a MIDI Controller/Sound Generator with flexible MIDI&analog control, 8bit sound engine with step sequencer & internal speaker.
- [NAMM] New Eurorack products from Waldorf Waldorf presents new products to be released this year, including four Eurorack modules and one keyboard/controller.
- EHX reissues Super Space Drum analog drum synth Electro-Harmonix reissues the Super Space Drum Analog Drum Synthesizer, originally released in 1979.