Audiofile Engineering Updates FiRe iPhone App
Audiofile Engineering announced version 1.1 of FiRe, their professional field recording App for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch.
In addition to iPhone OS 3.0 compatibility, FiRe says it's adding new features with Varispeed playback, multiple VU meter styles including K-System scales, and adjustable input gain. This new version also adds workflow enhancements such as public or private uploads to SoundCloud, web server authentication, the ability to add a picture reference to the recording, and the ability to name and rename marker points.
FiRe was designed to bring serious field recording to audio professionals with an accurate real-time waveform display, audio markers, support for professional Broadcast WAVE metadata, and the instant downloading of audio files in multiple formats, Audiofile says. Users can scroll the live waveform display with the touch of a finger or navigate it with a system of configurable double-taps.
FiRe includes professional and accurate VU meters for input and output signals, a moveable playback head, configurable time units, the ability to tag recordings with location data, and an overdub mode for layering tracks. FiRe also offers native SoundCloud integration, making it simple to upload recordings directly to the web and share them with the tap of a button.
- Hardware Requirements:
- iPod Touch (second generation)
- First Generation iPhone (headset only)
- FiRe does not support sample rates lower than 11.025 kHz. Thus, recording and playback will only work a headset on a first generation iPhone.
- Supported Microphones:
- Blue Mikey - requires iPhone 3G
Pricing & Availability
FiRe is now available on the Apple App Store for $5.99.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Akai MPK61 Akai announced the MPK61, the fourth model in the company's unique line of keyboard/MPC performance controllers.
- Waves CLA Classic Compressors CLA Classic Compressors consist of four plug-ins: the CLA-2A, the CLA-3A, the CLA-76 Blacky and the CLA-76 Bluey.
- Nucleus SoundLab Reason Wizardry Video Tutorials Reason Wizardry is a series of advanced video tutorials for Propellerhead Reason 4, delivered electronically each month.