IK Multimedia DJ Rig Free
IK Multimedia announces that DJ Rig Free, a free version of IK's DJ mixing app for iPhone, is now available in the iTunes App store.
DJ Rig Free is described as the perfect companion for the soon to be released iRig MIX portable DJ mixer for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
DJ Rig Free offers double-deck DJ mixing with instant song-playing from the device's music library, with automatic tempo sync and beat matching.
Controls include tempo controls for fine tuning BPM adjustments, multiple crossfader curves, a waveform display that can be dragged and zoomed, and a scratch engine modelled on real deck behaviour with IK's CloneDeck technology and a live recorder.
Further augmenting the app's capabilities, DJ Rig Free also includes a beat-synced effect (filter) with XY touch interface and a sampler machine with a set of 9 sample pads and one sample bank. These can be used to enhance the remixing performance or record and play your own samples on top of your mixes. More effects (up to 12) and sample banks (up to 15) can be added via in-app purchase by upgrading to the full version of DJ Rig or getting the Pro-bundle pack, which also includes multiple (4) visual cue-points.
DJ Rig also includes X-Sync. It is possible to synchronize the app's audio with any other external audio source. This can be a second iOS device, but DJ's can now also sync to external CD and MP3 players.
DJ Rig Free Features
- Landscape and portrait interfaces
- Instant songs and playlists playing from the device music library, with BPM detection, beat analysis and beat map saving
- Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ, Headphones and Crossfader
- Tempo Sync and Beat match
- Effects with XY touch interface
- Sampler-machine with sample pads
- Multiple output configurations
- X-Sync mode detects the tempo from external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the app audio to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
Pricing & Availability
DJ Rig Free is now available for download in the iTunes app store.
An upgrade to the full version is available as in-app purchase for $4.99/€3.99 and includes looping, 5 effects (Band Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, Delay, Stutter, Phazer)? and 7 sound banks (Drones, Hoovers, Instrument Hits 1, Stabs 1, Synth 1, Vocals 1, Classic FX). The regular paid version of the DJ Rig app with all these features already included is also available in the iTunes store for the same price.
A Pro bundle pack is available for the users of the full version as in-app purchase for $4.99/€3.99 and includes: multiple cues, digital deck skin, 6 effects (Flanger, Comp, Fuzzy, Reverb, Auto Wah, Crush) and 7 Sound Banks (Atmo FX, Animals FX, Instrument Hits 2, Instrument Hits 3, Synth 2, Stabs 2, Vocals 2).
iRig MIX is priced at $99.99/€74.99 (ex. VAT) and will start shipping in May.
An iPad version of DJ Rig is currently in development and will be available soon.
Viewers of this article also read...
- UVI String Machines UVI releases String Machines - a hybrid instrument forged with the analog imprint of 11 string synthesizers.
- Korg iKaossilator v2.1 Korg has released Version 2.1 of its iKaossilator app for the iPhone and iPad.
- Arturia Wurlitzer V Arturia announces the availability of Wurlitzer V, a (Standalone, VST 2.4 & 3 — 32-bit and 64- bit, RTAS and AU — 32- and 64-bit).