Applied Acoustics Systems String Studio VS-1
Applied Acoustics Systems String Studio VS-1

String Studio VS-1, Other virtual guitar from Applied Acoustics Systems.

coquy 05/09/2007

Applied Acoustics Systems String Studio VS-1 : coquy's user review

Installation is simple, the software does not take much space, and the manual is in French ... French. Everything is well explained.

I use string in LIVE studio 6, with keyboard M-AUDIO Keystation 61es, as Audiophile 2496 sound card, towed by an Athlon 64 3700 + pushed to 3GHz, 1.5 G of memory. I go up to 7 tracks LIVE in very polyphone, carefree, and performance is really the height.

It's been a year and a half that I made with string studio, Sounds are very compelling. The sounds of guitars, bass, were violating approaches the true. But the software will prove disappointing for those who seek a virtual piano. But the instruments sound good, are really beyond the means.

The passages of octaves are harmonious, that I missed in samplers. The depth of sound is amazing, and a vast amount of settings is possible (for an amateur a few puzzle).

The price is about € 169 and for me, given what I received just fine, at first I could do without. It is in its way better than any other software I tried.

Conclusion: playing instruments "portable" in String Studio is already a reason to buy it. Piano Pianoteq has just introduced, which has just acquired a new customer, me. The production of the direct calculation based on a bright future.