Fsynthz Puncho Grooove
Fsynthz has released Puncho Grooove, a free / donationware VSTi groove instrument for Windows.
Puncho Grooove is designed to convert anything the user plays into a groove that subsequently follows the player in real-time. It can be used as a backing rhythm (e.g. a drum box).
Punch Groove uses continuous punch-in MIDI recording and looping together with "timbre rambling". Pitch and Modulation controllers can alter the groove. Events can be quantized for the trance/dance domain.
Controller keyboard can transpose the current groove, loop and chords can be triggered with one finger, and patterned (and synced) pitch-bend and vibrato can be added to a melody. Puncho Groove can also be used as a MIDI processor to drive another synth.
- Interactively updated loop.
- Quantization in real-time.
- "Timbre rambling" (see "MoarF").
- Hand Morph mode.
- Freeze control.
- Transpose mode.
- Definable MIDI key to enter pauses ("playing silence").
- Definable MIDI controller to change the loop in real-time.
- Background mode: Play in parallel with another synth.
- MIDI output.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cableguys Curve v1.4 Cableguys have updated Curve to version 1.4.
- Prime Loops Urban Dance Freak Urban Dance Freakz consists of 5 24-bit construction kits with a total of 130 radio ready urban dance drum loops, synth hooks, basslines, chord progressions, one-shots and more, as well as 5 royalty-free instrumentals.
- MOTU MicroBook MOTU has introduced MicroBook, a pocket-sized, USB-bus-powered audio interface for Mac or PC.