Rob Papen’s Raw synth is out
Last October, Rob Papen announced that he was working on a new virtual synth aimed at distorted sounds. Raw is now available.
Raw was created in collaboration with DJ Promo (aka Sebastian Hoff) and DJ Free-K (Freek Vergoossen) after they met with Rob Papen at Dancefair 2014.
- 2 oscillators, each with an XY pad to distort the waveform using phase distortion
- Draw custom waveforms and use them as LFO waves to create wobbles
- Filters, EQ, waveshaper, distortion and Lo-Fi at the voice synth level
- Chorus, phaser, flanger, stereo delay and HQ Reverb effects
- Built-in arpeggiator/sequencer
- Preset bank manager
Raw is a VST, AU and AAX 32 and 64-bit plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. It has an introductory price of 119 € until December 31st, 2014. Regular price is 149 €. You can download a trial version from www.robpapen.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?