Tone2 is working on Saurus 2 synth
Tone2 announced on their forum that they are developing version 2 of their Saurus “analog modeling” synth.
Expect many new features and improvements in Saurus v2, including the following:
- Complete overhaul of the synthesis engine to improve the audio quality
- More than 260 additional patches and revamped all factory patches
- Added a preset/patch browser
- New GUI
- Ability to choose the degree of analog behaviour of the emulations via a new Config menu
- Added high-cut and low-cut filters to the EQ
- New Stack playing mode that plays autochord set in the Arp Key Mode
- 14 addition sine LFOs as modulation matrix sources
- 4 additional chord mode for the arpeggiator
- Added a smart microtuning algorithm
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels are automatically assigned when a patch is installed
- Backward compatibility with Saurus v1
The full list of new features and improvements is available at www.tone2.org. Tone2 adds that all customers who purchase Saurus v1 in March and until the release of v2, in a few months, will receive the upgrade for free. The virtual instrument for Mac and PC is available for 99€.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Waves releases Butch Vig Vocals The vocal processor developed in partnership with Butch Vig and that Waves introduced at NAMM last January, is now available.
- Igor Vasiliev’s SoundScaper app updated to v1.1 Igor Vasiliev has released at the AppStore version 1.1 for its SoundScaper “sound lab” app for iPad.
- SONiVOX announces the Film Score Companion SONiVOX will launch tomorrow a large bundle with 5 of its virtual instruments for composing movie and video game music.