U&I Software MetaSynth v5.31
U&I Software has updated the MetaSynth composition and sound design software for Mac OS X to version 5.31.
This update adds OS X Lion compatibility as well as new spectral processing features and other changes. MetaSynth is an electronic music and sound design environment. U&I describes it as a sound design and electronic music studio.
Changes in MetaSynth v5.31
- SO Filters: The new Second Order Filters (in the Effects Room) implement combinations of peak, bandpass, high-pass and low-pass filters.
- New Spectrum Synth Capabilities: A number of new capabilities were added to the Spectrum Synth Room. The new Apply Image Filter command allows color images to be applied to Spectrum Synth sequences to provide dynamic stereo envelopes. This capability enables the creation of sounds with dynamic frequency-based stereo movement. New commands provide compositing of clipboard spectrum data with sequence events to create sound morphs.
- Other Refinements: The new release features bug fixes and OS X Lion compatibility.
Pricing & Availability:
MetaSynth for Mac is available to purchase for $599 USD. MetaSynth 5.31 is a free update to users of MetaSynth 5. Upgrades are available to users of previous versions of MetaSynth. A bundle with Xx 5.3 is available at a $200 USD discount until April 3, 2012. Suggested retail price for the MetaSynth/Xx bundle is $679. Xx 5 is an algorithmic composer and MetaSynth companion.
More information: MetaSynth
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Roland Wireless Connect Roland introduces Roland Wireless Connect, a new system that allows electronic musical instruments to communicate with the iPhone.
- J1000 Updates PQ33 J1000 has updated the free PQ33 equalizer effect plug-in for Windows to version 1.22.
- [Musikmesse] Livid Instruments OhmRGB Slim Livid Instruments announced the release of OhmRGB Slim, the lighter version of their OhmRGB controller.