Boss SD-1 SUPER OverDrive - Tubescreamer on steroids mod
Boss SD-1 SUPER OverDrive - Tubescreamer on steroids mod
PurposeToMelody PurposeToMelody

« Good Overdrive ....if you buy used. »

Publié le 03/21/11 à 18:29
Simple Overdrive to boost an amp or add distortion

Super easy to use, very simple lay out of volume tone and drive, input and output jacks and a 9v plug for powering by an adapter.

For the price of less than 50 dollars its hard to beat if you want an overdrive, for tightening up your sound or just to add a little more dirt to your sound.

Les Paul Laney GH50L: I use this setup with it almost exclusivley. I don't use it for much other than boosting solos. I have it set with the volume very high (5 o clock) and the gain low ( 9 o clock). It sounds pretty good this way for just boosting it for a solo, I personally would never use this to tighten my amp though, it is MUCH to "brittle" sounding and can't really handle the low frequencies as well as TS9 can. the Tone control while very responsive does not impress me. it goes from dark and muddy to brittle and bright, and everywhere in between, it really needs mods to make it shine ( which I did do to mine). I really enjoy it on top of a dirty amp now after I modded it to tighten some stuff up in the low end and really makes tight heavy rhythms POP.

MIA strat Laney GH50L: I don't use this as often, but when I do I set the amp with a little bit of break up and use the SD1 for solos and for parts I really want stuff to come out. It sounds great this way, think SRV or Hendrix, very bluesy and soulful, I highly recommend this to people looking for this type of sound, even un-modded it does a pretty good job, modded its pretty amazing, albeit still a bit muddy.

Overall, it really is just OK. I like it, but not enough to buy new, or not mod. it's ok at a few things and thats it, if you want something for CRUSHING rhyhtms look elsewhere if you want it for boosts for solos and thats it, take a look, maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't.