Fairfield Circuitry The Barbershop V2
Fairfield Circuitry The Barbershop V2
ricoute ricoute

«  pretty good but quite specific use »

Published on 11/25/14 at 06:47
it is an overdrive says "low gain"

no "edition
not rackable

analog

connectors in / out / 9.6v power supply negative center 2.1mm jack Classic What

yes, not because the settings interact

if one puts eg. more it will drive down the volume to equalize levels off / on

3 settings
- The volume to equalize the bypass level and in action
- Sag akin to a natural compression of an amp lamp
- The drive is a saturation control
- An inverter with 3 positions (exclusive to this version "millenium")
the central position disconnects the circuit simply the other 2 are kind of high pass filters that moderates the top spectrum / treble)

the effect was quite engaged quaffed grain with a coat of gloss but nothing to do with the outrageous side of a ts

the grain is good, though magnified the original sound is enhanced with a grain of good quality

sag will be able to simulate more compression is the most down the sound lightens and the higher up one goes more dense sound

The drive is very gradual between 1 and 3 hours for the past very thoroughly to get a fuzz peudo

Guitar only

an overdrive range more or less pushed, if the musical side is there, I was disappointed that it brings little input despite the pretty color / grain it in action

This is especially the side "drive" on which I will be the most critical, and the appellation Od to ​​low gain is completely illustrated.

The real quality is beautifully and musically dirty sound, there is its main attraction, but not versatile enough for my taste

Compared overdrive position "creamy" blue channel Blackbird Effectrode is more incisive and surly and also more musical, but it is not in the same register either

I am also Famulus Redwitch parallel that has a more vintage grain and incisive and more opportunities for dual OD sounds bland

I tried for 2 hours in all cumulative possibilities.

I have the redwitch Famulus and Blackbird Effectrode basis for comparison although they are quite different but in the same catégie Od still
These are more typical, lots more versatile and I like much better overall.

The R / Q / P / is good, manufacturing and brand are quality Fairfield mean identical
on a Fender amp I admit to not being too attractive to be honest, its clear bright side may marry more with Marshall?

I do not do this choice because I just made it because it is definitely not what I'm looking e terms of sound and too limited in terms of versatility for me