< Tous les avis dB Technologies M10-2 PLUS
dB Technologies M10-2 PLUS
Spawn-X Spawn-X

«  Compact and no fuss! »

Published on 08/15/10 at 02:52
-For how long have you been using it?
Used for 3 months for a particular case since I purchased this foot bath for a single use: Amplification of an amp modeler (Axe-FX Ultra) and my synth (Axon AX100MKII and Nord Modular G2 Engine). So I needed a system enGB (Full Range Flat Response) whose dimensions are as compact as possible (Marre to kill me back with stacks and 4x12).

"What thing do you like most/least about it?
Ascending: The compactness foolproof.
I've never seen any return amplified with these dimensions.
The clean sound.
Ease of use.
Weight (no pen, but far from the standards of the genre).
The finish and feel of robustness that emerges.
The price at Thomann (Warning, my local dealer showed this model to the price of M12-4 .. Gulp ...).
Positioning along two possible angles 30/70 depending on the distance of placement relative to the musician.
The ability to mount the optional back up for use as a normal speaker.
The output LINK transparent.
The effective power has largely appointment.
The tweeter can be oriented at 0 or 90 ° in its housing to change the coverage area. Position of plant, we water of 90 ° horizontally and 70 ° on the vertical axis, and once modified, is reversed, 70 ° x90 °. In principle, the position of plant is expected to be sufficient in 90% of cases, but the second position may enable better dispersion on the musician who is assigned to the cabinet which may be particularly useful in cases where the scene is loaded and zicos that are very close to each other.

The -: No EQ worthy of the name as only a setting MID is present. It makes the job well, but 3 bands would have been when m ^ m welcome.
In my particular context of use, a second entry placed after the output link was a big advantage to get the sound back and mix it with my guitar sound as I pleased, but I doubt if any does this amplified WEDGE function, so if you are looking for a return to a more amplified "standard", ignore this point.
Finally, a detail, but it might matter, the buttons selected by dB Technologies knobs are a bit too high (only 2mm). It may seem trivial, but it turns out that the handle of the cabinet is on the opposite side of the control panel. Result, when the cabinet door and ask the help of this handle is squarely on the knobs that is the speaker. When moving the gear itself m ^ m, we know, but just a roadie or a friend takes care of out / store the stuff and you can say goodbye to your volume pot. It can be resolved quickly by replacing the knobs caches by a shorter version, but it's still the kind of changes we finished with no delay until the day the tragedy happened. Otherwise, that's about all I can blame him.

-Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Not much either, but at first I thought from a model with Boomer 12 "to get closer to normal sensations of a guitar amp, but in the end, no model in 12" offers such compactness while keeping acoustic qualities of the M10-2 PLUS. And next budget, it's downright affordable at less than 400 € room.

-What is your opinion about the value for the price?
Excellent considering all the positive points mentioned above.

-Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
For the moment, and given my specific use, yes, but it may be that the future make me lie because in this area, it never ends to evolve.