JBL 4412 studio monitor
Ernie Schmuntz Ernie Schmuntz

« Superb example of JBL Golden Age »

Published on 09/09/21 at 10:11
Audience: Anyone
I picked up a pair used. I recovered the grills and cleaned them up from long storage. I’ve been powering these with a very powerful Rotel amp/preamp combination. Wiring is 10 gauge.

Excellent soundstage. Wide, beautiful midrange and exceptional low end. I’ve paired this speaker with a HK Citation 7.4 sub that uses the excellent JBL LE-14H1 woofer, driven by a RBH SA-400 sub amp.

Match made in heaven. My system is incredibly flat from 21 Hz- 27 KHz. Two channel listening is spellbinding. When used in my 5.1, I use JBL L20T3 for the rear channels. Remarkable system. I’ve use KEF, RBH Sound Reference, Definitive Tech, Hafler etc. these remain my go to system.

Similar systems I own are JBL L200T3,L100t3,L80T3,L20t3,L100T, L80t, L20T, L1 through L7,Hafler 300, RBH Sound SX-T2/Reference, entire MC series, SV-61/Reference, 441-SE/Reference, 770-SE/Reference, SX-661/Reference, KEF 104/2, C80, Reference 107

Images linked to this review

• photo