Zynaptiq Releases PitchMap
Zynaptiq announced the availability of PitchMap, their real-time polyphonic pitch-mapping and pitch-correction plug-in.
It is initially for Mac OS X in the AudioUnits (AU) format.
PitchMap is a demixing-based plug-in that allows changing melodies and harmonies of any mixed musical recording in real-time, either by transforming them to new ones played on a MIDI keyboard, or by setting freely defined target scales. Based on Zynaptiqʼs MAP artificial intelligence technology, PitchMap can be applied to a variety of tasks, including music production, remix work, correction of tuning issues and manipulation of existing recordings. In addition, PitchMap provides functions to remove or extract individual sounds from a mix, and can apply synthesizer-like sound transformations.
Features at a glance:
- Pitch Mapping: Change harmonies and melodies within mixed signals.
- Pitch Mapping via live MIDI-input or GUI-created source/destination Pitch Maps.
- Automatic correction of pitch inaccuracies in polyphonic/mixed signals.
- Perceptive modeling based Natural mode for voice-adapted processing.
- Content-aware Mute-Filters for removing sounds, including their harmonics, transients and noise components, from a mix.
- Transform macro-controls for creation of harmony- and key-changes.
- Snapshot functionality.
- Continuously variable Electrify and Purify parameters for applying synthesizer-like sound manipulation.
- Continuously variable Glide parameter for adding polyphonic portamento/glide effects.
- Stereo AudioUnits (AU) Plug-In.
PitchMap as well as a free trial are available now from the Zynaptiq website as a Mac AU (AudioUnits) Plug-In, with VST and AAX support for both Mac and Windows platforms planned for later in 2012.
PitchMap is priced at $/€399. A limited-time introductory price of $/€269 is available until April 1st, 2012 (prices in EUR inclusive of 19% VAT).
For more information, visit the product’s website at zynaptiq.com/pitchmap.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Oli Larkin pMix Oli Larkin has released pMix, a free sound design, composition and performance tool for Mac OS X that allows you to morph between VST plug-in presets.
- 8dio Copperphone Copperphone is a new custom release made out of industrial graded copper pipes cut at different lengths.
- [NAMM] MOTU MicroBook II MOTU unveiled the MicroBook II, an updated version of its audio interface.