Mike Scuffham, ex-Marshall Product Designer who worked among other projects on the JMP-1, is about to launch S-Gear, a guitar amp simulator for Windows (standalone and VST).
- Pre and power amp tube models
- Tube power amp dynamics
- Classic tone stack and filtering configurations
- Dual 64bit convolution processor
- Built-in cabinet impulses by Redwirez
- 'Z'-control tube amp impedance modelling
- Import mono or stereo impulses in .wav format
- Fine tune with shelving EQ
- Two delay character modes: Analogue and Tube
- Mono and Stereo operation
- Modulation and Tone controls
- Tape delay and BBD simulations
- Organise your tones into Presets, Banks and Sets
- Import and Export of settings
- MIDI control of presets, banks and parameters
- Standalone Application and VST plug-in
- One click online activation - No USB dongles
- Deactivate online and migrate your licence
- Two simultaneous activations per licence
- Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz (or better) min 2GB RAM.
- ASIO compatible sound card or audio interface.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows XP (SP2 or later)
S-Gear currently runs under Microsoft Windows only. A MAC version will be available soon, and existing S-Gear customers will be entitled to this. In the meantime, S-Gear will run under Windows XP with BOOTCAMP on the MAC, although the company says they cannot provide full support for this platform.
According to the manufacturer:
"The Duke's tone stack has a subtle mid-range scoop and warm treble lift, giving the amp a sweet tone even when driven with a bridge single coil pickup. Three voicings on the overdrive channel (Normal, Thick and Bright) provide extra versatility."
"Don't be misled by the gold front panel - the Stealer is a very versatile amp. Back in my days at Marshall Amps, we had an old red Park 75 Head that sounded like no other amp you have ever heard - like an un-teathered wild horse with screaming tones and a great dynamic. My memory of this Park amp serves as an influence for the Stealer."
"A take on the modern high gain amp. I guess the purple tolex is a nod in the direction of Mike Soldano's classic amp of the 80's. The Jackal flies the flag with super crunch and outrageous liquid leads."
Pricing & Availability
S-Gear will be on sale from the 25th April 2011 for $75 (excl. sales tax)
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sinevibes Sequential Sinevibes has announced Sequential, a new AudioUnit plugin for creating rhythmical effect patterns.
- DarkWave Studio v3.4.3 Experimental Scene releases DarkWave Studio v3.4.3 with compatibility fix.
- Korg iElectribe Gorillaz Edition Korg has teamed up with Gorillaz to create a new dedicated beatbox for the iPad: The iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition.